Sunday, January 16, 2011

Why I want to earn my MBA...

Congratulations to the graduate, Walsh University Class of 2010!

The success of being a recent college graduate is certainly sweet, so why not just enjoy it? Really, in order to achieve such a goal it took quite a bit of hard work, courage and determination. So why not just revel in my success, as a B.A. in Management, right? Well, yes, sort of, but there's a problem. I'd like more success.

Success, for me at least, is the continual pursuit of something worthy of great effort. Something that, in the end, can become boundless. For now, I have the desire to learn and further my development through academic endeavors.

Personally, achievement feels great, but professionally, it is necessary. After all, being unemployed, and looking for the perfect job opportunity, I need to gain a competitive advantage in an ultra-tough job market. After being downsized twice in the last 5 years, I have realized that the higher the degree the more marketable you become to your employer. So, based on my career goals and aspirations, it is necessary for my to earn my MBA.

Not only will I be marketable, but I hope to make an excellent first impression as a recent graduate of a prestigious MBA program. Not to mention the fact that an MBA is one of the most coveted post-graduate degrees today, not only for business professionals, but for college graduates in general.

As an MBA student, I will work toward improving my interpersonal, leadership, and oral and written communication skills. Along with studying courses in economics, finance, marketing, operations, management, and accounting I will develop the necessary strengths, so when provided with the opportunity, I will perform as an effective manager.

Did I mention that I will also be attending classes with talented people that are also MBA students, alumni, faculty, and business and community leaders? What greater of an opportunity than to earn my MBA, when the chance of success could have an impact on my future career advancement, and current job opportunities?

So, earning my MBA means that I could, potentially, get a great job, meet lots of new people, have the opportunity to impact others in a positive way, and receive the greatest reward of all. Success for myself, as well as for my family!

 

2 comments:

  1. Good writing is something I can appreciate. You have made your points in a smart way. I am impressed with how interesting you have been able to present this content. Thanks for sharing a nice information.
    top Journalism colleges in Mumbai
    mass communication colleges in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete